Utility Billing Services
The City of St. Helena provides water and sewer services for over 2,600 residents and businesses within and outside City Limits. The City water and sewer rates are established by the City Council. As always, the main focus is providing excellent customer service to help provide clarity with customer bills and charges and allow greater efficiencies within City departments.
Utility billing is processed on a bimonthly basis. The rates for water service are comprised of a base service fee and a consumption fee. The water-based service fee is determined by the size of your property's water meter. The water consumption fee is your actual water use and is billed per unit of water. The rates for sewer service are comprised of a base service fee and a consumption fee. The sewer base fee is determined by the size of your property's water meter. The residential sewer consumption fee is based on a "Winter Average" and remains in effect for one year. Each April, the "Winter Average" is recalculated. The sewer consumption fee for all other properties is based on their actual water use and type of business.
If you need to update your residential allocation, please call the Water Department at (707) 968-2745.
Paying Your Bill
Utility Bills are due and payable upon receipt, and delinquent after 30 days. City staff encourages customers to sign up for auto-pay.
This is the easiest way to ensure your utility bills are paid automatically each billing period. Automatic Payments are processed between the 3rd and 7th of the month the bills are due. There are two types of automatic payments (Auto-Pay):
- Visa or MasterCard
- Start your Auto-Pay using your Visa or MasterCard. If you need any assistance in establishing Auto-Pay call the Utility Department at the number listed to the left.
- Checking or Savings Account
- To establish your Auto-Pay using your Checking or Savings Account print out the Auto-Pay form below and submit it to the Finance Department.
- View and pay your bill online using Visa or Mastercard.
- By Mail
- Enclose a check in the return envelope included with your bill.
- You may call the Utility billing department and make a payment over the phone.
- City Hall Drop Box
- Payments by check can be placed in the drop box located at 1088 College Avenue - the box is located to the right of the front door. Staff will collect these payments each day for processing.
- In Person
- Pay at:
1088 College Avenue
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.). Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted.
- Pay at:
To apply for water or sewer services, disconnect service, or ask questions about your bill, call the Finance Department at (707) 968-2745 or email us. Please contact the Water Department 3 business days prior to starting or canceling service. A deposit may be required to open an account with the City.
Utility Billing ServicesPhysical Address
1088 College Avenue
St. Helena, CA 94574
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed for lunch
12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Water Quality Questions or Concerns
Report a Water Leak
Phone: (707) 968-2745