Low-Income Assistance

Payment Arrangements

  • Do you need extra time to pay your water/sewer bill? Avoid late fees and water shut off charges by making payment arrangements. Hardship agreements must be made in person at City Hall.

Water Efficiency Program

Bill Discount

  • Do you meet the household income guidelines?
    • If so, sign up for the Pacific Gas and Electric company's (PG&E's) California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) rates and bring in a copy of your bill to the St. Helena Water Department to receive 50% off the fixed monthly charges.
    • If you don't have PG&E service or live in an apartment or mobile home, the City can verify your income. Limited funds are available.
    • For residential customers only (homes, apartments, mobile homes).
    • If you live in subsidized housing or receive any other government benefits, please check with the appropriate agencies to ensure CARE credit will not affect income requirements for other programs.
  • Full details are at City Hall.

Supporting Documents